Community Electric Cooperative is seeking an Intern for the Operations/Engineering Department. This person will work with Operations/ Engineering staff to complete independent projects and/or provide support in the areas of logistics and contract administration. Hours and focus of work are flexible depending on availability, skills and interest. A commitment of roughly 15-20 hours per week for a minimum of twelve weeks is desired.
- As an intern you will learn to supervise and lead individuals in an operations/engineering department
- Help with implementation of production plans and managing the completion of production plans
- Apply good leadership techniques to achieve or exceed the expected level of quality and production output
- Sit in on meeting with Supervisors and Managers to gain understanding of current projects/focuses
- Anticipate and overcome distribution system related problems, materials shortages, equipment malfunctions and unavoidable delays where possible to reduce their impact on the operation
- Data entry, filing, spreadsheet management
- Conduct independent research on projects
- Update database
- Students pursuing a Bachelors or Master’s degree in Engineering or related field.
- Excellent organization, communication and computer skills (MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint).
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Strong time-management, organizational and research skills.
- Quick learner with the ability to self-motivate
- Have strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel)
- Must be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student or be a graduate of a college or university
Please send your resume and cover letter with the subject “Operations/Engineering Intern” to JThompson@Comelec.coop
This position may satisfy requirements for earning college credit.