OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
To apply standard engineering practices and techniques in all phases of planning, construction, operation, and maintenance of the Cooperative's transmission and distribution system. Define and analyze problems using sound engineering and logical judgment.
- Learn and understand electric power, electric distribution design, construction, operations, and SCADA systems.
- Learn and understand the National Electric Safety Code.
- Develop and maintain system model for assistance in system planning and development of construction work plans.
- Analyze electric system for coordination, efficiency, and loading.
- Maintain and analyze metering, advanced metering infrastructure, and data.
- Learn and understand CEC/RUS construction specifications.
- Installation, testing, and maintenance of substation load management and SCADA equipment.
- Operation of computer equipment for load management and SCADA.
- Develops plans for service to large power projects and subdivisions.
- Develop and maintain electric system maintenance cycles, oversee maintenance is completed and documented.
- Advise and assist operations personnel when needed.
- Know Cooperative's policies, provisions, and programs.
- Assist with annual meeting of members.
- Represent Community Electric Cooperative in a friendly and professional manner.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET-accredited college or university. Additional, work experience at an electric utility is highly desirable. Holding a Virginia P.E. license is also highly desirable.
- Ability to meet and deal with the general public in a highly creditable manner. Good speaking and letter/report writing skills.
- Must possess an ability to manage several projects simultaneously with frequent deadlines. Must work independently and without direct supervision. Must have a wide variety of problem-solving, analytical, and organizational skills to evaluate, develop, implement, and monitor programs and processes. Must have detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products. Must possess ability to learn multiple industry specific software programs.
- Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass pre-employment and random drug/alcohol screens. Position requires standing, walking, sitting, lifting up to 50 pounds; must be able to push and pull objects weighing up to 20 pounds; must be able to move body in various positions, including maintaining balance, stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, reaching; must be able to simultaneously use hands, wrist and fingers. Must be able to operate computers, calculators, copier, and a fax machine. Must be able to operate light duty cooperative vehicles. Must hear well enough to engage in conversations, hear telephone, various alarms, and other sounds. Vision must be normal and incumbent must be able discern color. Incumbent must be able to read, write, weigh, measure and perform mathematical calculations. Must be able to assist with major outage restoration.