Effective 3/18 we will be closing our lobby to foot traffic. If you need assistance, please use the drive-thru or call 757-242-6181. We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. However, in our efforts to fulfill our mission statement, the health and safety of our members, guests, community, and families is our top priority. You may also email us at email@example.com
Community Electric Cooperative recognizes the hardships that the public health crisis imposes on our member-owners. Out of concern for our member-owners and their communities, we are temporarily waiving service disconnects and penalty fees for our residential member-owners, and continuing to work with our business, commercial, and industrial member-owners to mitigate the impact of the state of emergency. Please check back for updates.
At Community Electric Cooperative, the safety and health of our employees, members, and community is always our top priority. We have been actively monitoring the impact of the COVID-19 to evaluate and implement measures to protect the safety and health of our employees, members, and the community.
As always, we hold ourselves to a strict standard of operating procedures. In addition to those, we have increased protocols to ensure that all cleanliness and preventative efforts are followed.
We will continue to educate our team of preventative measures as updates are made available by the CDC, Virginia Department of Health, and our national association (NRECA).
We promise that we will continue to:
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Reinforce heightened protocol on all our sanitation efforts
- Educate our team members on prevention, as provided by the CDC
- Maintain strict handwashing guidelines. Soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds
- Ensure that team members adhere to our sick leave policies that require staff to stay home if they do not feel well. We have sick pay benefits for all team members
We encourage our members and community to:
- Avoid coming into the office to pay your bill.
- Pay remotely through our secure phone system or via Smarthub
- Use the drive thru
- Wash hands thoroughly before eating and drinking
- Avoid touching your face
- Cover you mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze
- Stay home if you do not feel well
- Do not share your phone with other people
- Clean your remote controls daily
In addition, specifically for our members, if you are directly affected by a shut down and need assistance, we will not cut your electric service off. We may require proof of your connection to the required shut down or quarantine and we will work with each member individually to provide the best suitable assistance moving forward.
The health and safety of our employees, members, and community are of utmost importance to us. We will continue to follow best practices to reduce potential disruptions in our ability to serve our community.