Position Summary and Objectives
This position is responsible for providing information, assistance and other resources to Cooperative members and RECORE customers regarding problems related to electric service, equipment and electric energy usage. Individual will be the key person for coordinating a program on the efficient use and management of electric energy, including distributed generation assets.
- Handle member inquiries and complaints related to electric energy usage.
- Visit homes of members with high usage concerns to perform energy audits. Answer members’ questions about their usage and help identify ways they can save energy using auditing software and other test equipment as needed. Provide follow up letters and literature when needed.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date information and resources on HVAC systems, whole home generators, solar, and various types of energy conservation measures.
- Assist members in the selection of contractors/installers of energy efficient measures and available financing options.
- Prepare, plan, and conduct educational programs and exhibits on energy-related topics for presentation to Cooperative members/RECORE customers, schools and various community groups.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of field visits. Provide monthly reports on the results of member service activities.
- Work with Member Service Department to research, develop, and maintain new programs to help meet the needs of the cooperative/RECORE and its members/customers.
- Participate in local organizations such as the builders’ organizations and HVAC contractors to serve as a liaison between the cooperative and contractors.
- Participate in activities involving the community, chambers of commerce, civic organizations, school functions, etc. during or outside of regular work hours.
- Educate and train other CEC/RECORE employees as needed on energy audits and other efficiency programs and services offered to the members.
- Oversee the AC Switch program/water heater control program including overseeing the updating of install/removal service orders in iVUE, handle all member calls related to concerns or issues related to the program, and oversee member incentive payments. Also, work with ODEC and VMDAEC to provide relevant data as may be needed for annual and other reports required by the SCC on savings benefit of programs.
- Handle all trouble calls related to CEC’s water heater load management program.
- Represent CEC on the ODEC Demand Response and Energy Efficiency Committee.
- Assist the cooperative as needed during major power outage situations.
Education, Experience, Certificates, Licenses and/or Training
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates Degree in technical field with specialized training in heating, ventilation, air conditioning systems, pre-engineering or other energy-related area is required. A Bachelor’s degree in energy-related field or business field is preferred.
- Knowledge of state/national electrical and building codes helpful.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ work experience in HVAC, engineering and/or other energy related area may be substituted for formal education.
- Previous work in cooperative environment with emphasis in basic electricity, structural design, performing heat loss/heat gain estimates preferred.
- Participation in CEC job safety and training meetings, relevant workshops, seminars, and other courses to stay current with changing technology.
- Hold certification as a Certified Energy Auditor or goal to obtain similar certification.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must possess a valid and current Virginia driver’s license applicable to all types of vehicles he/she may be required to operate. Shall drive in a safe and responsible manner as well as maintain a good driving record to operate cooperative vehicles.
- Able to commit to and support the Cooperative's drug and alcohol-free workplace. Must be able to pass pre-employment and random drug/alcohol screens satisfactorily.
- Must be able to work a minimum of eight hours a day, five days a week, and be able to work after regular working hours, as needed. Must report to work at designated time and maintain regular acceptable attendance.
- Ability to work independently. Must be self- motivated with the ability to prioritize and plan tasks.
- Must possess ability and desire to self-educate in diverse subjects involving both hardware and software.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with fellow employees, consumers and the general public.
- Must be of high integrity and possess good working habits.
- Ability to analyze member electric energy usage problems.
- Ability to respond to and resolve member inquires quickly and systematically.
- Capability of performing mathematical calculations and computer raw data entry.
- Ability to make presentations to the general public.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Capability to present oneself in a professional manner when communicating with CEC members, teammates, and the general public.
- Job may necessitate the occasional lifting and carrying of heavy objects, considerable walking and standing, some pulling, pushing, stooping, kneeling, and reaching. Some exposure to dirt, water, and weather extremes.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Must be able and available during any and all weather conditions to work weekends, holidays, evenings, and other times outside normal duty hours to assist in service restoration and/or other emergencies that may arise.
- It is the individual responsibility of every employee to maintain a current awareness and understanding of appropriate laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures, and to comply fully with those laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. CEC reserves the right to revise or change the job responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment, other than an "at will" employment relationship.